We Can Help
If your child receives special education services or an accommodation plan or is in need of such services, Family Matters Parent Training and Information Center (FMPTIC) can help...
- We assist parents of children with disabilities to be informed participants in the special education process.
- We assist students with disabilities to understand their rights and responsibilities.
- We supply information to teachers and other professionals who provide special education and related services to children with disabilities.
Family Matters PTIC provides:
- Disability-related information
- IEP Coaching
- Linkage to community resources
- Telephone and email consultation regarding individual issues
- Parent trainings and teleconferences (also available in Spanish upon request)
- Training for professionals and support staff
- Informational packets on special education issues
- Educational record reviews
- Parent-to-parent support
Our Training Topics Are
- Special education rights and responsibilities
- IEP planning and participation
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
- No Child Left Behind
- Alternate assessments
- Behavior and discipline
- Parent/school collaboration
- Conflict resolution
- Transition from early intervention to early childhood services
- Other upon request