CADRE - Center for Appropriate Dispute Resolution in Special Education
A two-part video, originally developed by the Office for Dispute Resolution in Pennsylvania, showing actors playing a parent of a child with a disability and a school administrator.
Take One shows the parent and administrator talking about the child’s special education program. They are talking, but not listening, and their communication is unproductive. Take Two shows each person using more effective communication skills.
Inclusive Education, Paula Kluth
Additional Think Inclusive Podcasts:
Who Cares About Kelsey?
A podcast from Dan Habib about Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports.
A Conversation About Autism
A podcast with Ariane Zurcher about inclusion and understanding individuals with autism.
Isn't It a Pity?
A 17 minute video/Ted Talk
Illinois State Board of Education - YouTube
Archived webinars on special education topics are available on the PACER website.
Click here to view the webinars.
- Parental Rights in Special Education
- IEP Goals
- Assistive Technology at School
- Academic Achievement & Student Progress
- Transition from High School to Adult Living
- Tips for Behavior Improvement
- College Options for Youth with Disabilities
- Supports for Young Learners
Challenging Behaviors and Transition Planning Strategie for Success
Archives of more than 100 webinars plus You Tube videos on topics related to autism. Autism NOW
Disabilitiy Beat is a weekly public affairs radio program heard live every Monday afternoon from 5:30 - 6:00 pm Central time on WEFT Champaign, 90.1. Disability Beat is about and for people with all types of disabilities.
Listen to archived prodcasts here: Disability Beat
The PEAL Center
Rights Done Right: Procedural Safeguards in Plain Language is a series of video vignettes produced by The PEAL Center with funding from the Pennsylvania Developmental Disabilities Council to help parents of children with special needs understand their rights. Each video is 3-5 minutes in length. Topics include the right to:
- give consent or refuse consent
- receive prior written notice
- receive an independent education assessment
- amend student records
- file a complaint
- be informed of school discipline policy
- receive a non-discriminatory assessment
- be informed of policies regarding children in private schools
- mediation and to stay in current program
- request a due process hearing
National Center for Learning Disabilities
Videos About Dyslexia
Easy-to-understand brain-based explanations of dyslexia and personal accounts from famous people with dyslexia.
NCDB - National Center for Deaf-Blindness / NFADB
Charting Employment Opportunities through Discovery
Powerpoint presentation on Customized Employment for persons with deaf-blindness.
The National PTA
Common Core Video Series
Provides information so parents become more knowledgeable about the standards and new assessments.
New Jersey Department of Education
Inclusion and the Common Core State Standards: What Parents Need to Know
SWIFT-Schoolwide Integrated Framework for Transformation
K-8 Technical assistance center to improve academic and behavioral supports for students
Together-Integrated Educational Framework by Dan Habib
Whatever it Takes - Inclusive Academic Instruction by Dan Habib
Identify reading problems early.
Empowering Parents Video
A New Tool for Enhancing the Parent Voice at the IEP Table
Supporting Healthy Sexuality in People with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities.
Webinar Description: Everyone is a sexual being, including people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (ID/DD)! Yet information about healthy relationships and sexuality is often not available or accessible for people with ID/DD. This interactive and lively session will take you on a journey of discovery on how to support healthy sexuality by introducing you to best practice strategies, resources you can use, including from Illinois Imagines, and how to form your own action plan.
WATCH WEBINAR HERE
Office of Civil Rights
- OCR 100: An Introduction to Federal Civil Rights Protections in Education
- OCR Short Webinar on Updates to Perkins and Methods of Administration Programs
- OCR Short Webinar on Sexual Violence in Public Schools
- OCR Short Webinar on Online Education and Website Accessibility
- Students with Disabilities and the Use of Restraint and Seclusion in K-12 Schools