If your child receives special education services or an accommodation plan or is in need of such services, Family Matters Parent Training and Information Center (FMPTIC) can help...
- We assist parents of children with disabilities to be informed participants in the special education process.
- We assist students with disabilities to understand their rights and responsibilities.
- We supply information to teachers and other professionals who provide special education and related services to children with disabilities.
Family Matters Provides
- disability-related information
- telephone and email consultation regarding individual issues
- parent trainings and teleconferences (also available in Spanish upon request)
- training for professionals and support staff
- lending library
- informational packets on special education issues
- educational record review
Our Training Topics Are
- special education rights and responsibilities
- IEP planning and participation
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
- No Child Left Behind
- alternate assessments
- behavior and discipline
- parent / school collaboration
- conflict resolution
- transition from early intervention to early childhood services
- and others